Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ruffle Christmas Tree Skirt {Little Lizard King}

This is just a quick post because I finally got my Christmas tree up and took a picture of the gorgeous ruffled Christmas tree skirt from the pattern that I tested for Little Lizard King

This was honestly one of my favorite patterns EVER to make (but I think I always say that!). It was an fairly easy sew, but I think it would have been difficult to figure out how to do it on my own without the pattern. It was quite time consuming; I think in total it took me about 6 hours, but like I said, it was a fun and easy sew and I was thrilled with the outcome!

I love the idea that I created something that is a reflection of our family... bright, fun, and colorful (and very very busy!!) I love the idea that in creating this tree skirt, I am contributing memories to our family Christmas tradition. It will be something that we will pull out of the boxes with excitement every year; it will be part of the backdrop by which our family celebrates Christmas!

Taking a picture of this was an interesting experiment for me... my house is small and with very little natural light inside, especially in the evening when I took the picture! And the think the picture emphasizes the colorful lights we have on our tree, and while I love looking at them in person, I think they come across as a bit garish in picture. But it is okay, because again, it is a reflection of us... colorful and a bit crazy :)



I think the pattern is being released on her website tomorrow or the next day, so be on the lookout!

2 comments:

Comments make me happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...