Monday, September 12, 2011

The Start of Fall and Back to School

Well, it is official, the school year started for my kids on Sept.7th so we are back into the swing of things! We are having an unusually warm early fall after our record-setting worst summer ever, so the kids haven't really gotten a chance to wear their new fall back to school clothes yet. Here are pictures of them on their first two days. Laina is starting Grade 3 French Immersion and Mylie is attending 4 year old preschool 5 days a week, for 2.5 hours a day.











We went for one of our nature walks on the weekend and I of course took pictures of birds. It was kind of sad seeing how the leaves are starting to change colours and fall to the ground, but I love fall, so I look forward to the season ahead.

Chickadee



Pileated Woodpecker







This is my favourite picture from the walk, I love how Adam is holding Mylie...



This one is very cool, because it is the first time we have managed to get a bird other than a chickadee to eat out of Laina's hand... this is a Pygmy Nuthatch



I just love the peaceful look on her face here.... as she gets older, I see many expressions cross her face, with most of them being full of attitude and disgust at how embarrassing I am (seriously, she thinks I am soooo embarrassing) so I have to savor the times when she is peaceful and content.



Mylie is thrilled because the birds rarely land on her...





This little guy was so tiny! It was a little baby, it is hard to tell the scale from the photo, but if you look at the leaf beside the squirrel, it will give you an idea of how tiny this guy was! His mom came running up to us and was basically doing the squirrel equivalent of screaming at us to get away from her baby.



Love the light on this spider web! I really didn't know how to edit this, so I didn't really....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...