Sunday, November 21, 2010

The missing piece

As a self-admitted clothing addict, I put together outfits for my 3 daughters and obsess about every little detail until the outfit is perfect.  For weeks I have been stressing over what the girls should wear in their hair with their Christmas dresses (I know, how lucky am I that hair accessories are high on my list of worries??).

Until today....

when I realized that my Big Shot (which you were formally introduced to here) can cut fabric (it says it right on the package but who am I to read instructions?).  So I got myself some felt and some brads and made me some felt hair flowers!



Here's how:

Step 1: Cut a square of felt the size of the Sizzix cartridge ( I used this one) but any of the layered flowers will do.  Run the cartridge through the Big Shot.



The felt will come out looking like this:




Step 2: Punch a hole through the middle of the flowers (I used my Making Memories paper punch and craft hammer) or you could just hot glue the flowers in a stack from largest to smallest.






Step 3: Bling it out.  I pulled a brad through the hole I punched but you could hot glue or sew a button or put whatever you like in the center. 




I hot glued mine onto an alligator clip, but you could do a clip, a pin (to wear on a shirt) or even on a headband.



And here is the possibilites I came up with to go with the Christmas dresses (Janie and Jack Uptown Holiday for inquiring minds!).  Opinions?



And on my model L. who just wanted to use her jingle pony-o's to shake-it belly dancer style.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...