Monday, April 11, 2011

Torturing myself

I've started a new regime of torture for myself recently and I didn't want to talk about it until I was sure that I could keep it up for a reasonable length of time. So here it is. I have given up drinking Coca Cola and I started the 30 day Shred. Sounds awful doesn't it? It is. My body hasn't hurt this bad since the first time I gave birth (although not in the same spots... just to the same degree of pain). It has been 5 days now and the torture is starting to become a bit more bearable now (except for the brief relapse yesterday when I bought a Coke slurpee. I needed it to momentarily quell the withdrawal symptoms). Mostly the stopping drinking Coke thing is a result of my 19 month old asking for Coke by name and pointing to my drinks all the time saying "Pop-pop" over and over. It is like she is trying to shame me. And I am a bit ashamed of my 2 pop a day habit, so I decided to stop. The exercising thing? It is mainly a byproduct of the fact that I know only a couple of short months from now I will need to appear lake, ocean and poolside with my kids sporting a bathing suit.

Here is a cartwheel sequence from this evening... Laina is wearing the Mini Boden outfit that she wore to school today... she told me that several kids asked her if she was wearing her pajamas today, lol, so I may need to rethink that outfit! She loves it though.






1 comment:

  1. good for you! i can't give up diet pepsi completely. it's not in me. i so want to, but i can't. i guess i must not want to that much! lol and yay on the exercising. proud of you for that, too. i need to follow suit. speaking of suit, my swimsuit is gonna be needing a dusting off soon. yeah, better get my rear in gear. you're inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...