Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cool Sites

Here are a couple of cool sites that I am loving right now.

The first is Mod Paperie and the link to her blog is here. Not only is she Canadian, but she has extremely creative and cool paper crafting ideas. Amy and I made invitations today for our daughter's upcoming birthday party (okay, it isn't until July but we have BIG ideas to carry out! We needed to get started early!) and the invitations are adorable!! I can't take any credit for them however, they were 100% designed by Thienly of Mod Paperie, and I just followed the well-laid out instructions for the project from the blog at SVGcuts.com using my Cricut and svg files. So here they are (with the pertinent information badly cloned out).


Two of my other new-favourite sites? Heartsy and Pinterest. Heartsy is like a Groupon (a group buy-in deal where you get 50% or more off a particular product or service) but for Etsy. So the idea is that Heartsy features a different deal for a credit to an Etsy shop each day and the discount is at least 50% off! So if you love shopping for handmade items as much as I do, check it out and signup! You get a $5 credit just for entering your email address to get the deals emailed to you each day. Link is here.

And I am still pretty new to Pinterest but I LOVE it! It is basically an online corkboard for you to "pin" pictures to. I have been using it to pin ideas and inspiration for different birthday party themes, and also for photography inspiration ideas. If you want to check out the inspiration board for Laina and Hannon's birthday party you can do that here. There is no "money" aspect to this site, it is just a cool place to arrange ideas and check out other people's boards. If you want to join this site, you have to be invited by a member or request an invite which I hear can take a month or more. So if this is something you would enjoy, send me your email address and I can send you an invite. We can follow each other :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...