Monday, May 30, 2011

It's been a tough day... but a good one in lots of ways too. It was day 3 of no naps for Evelyn and she was so, so tired but refused to let herself nap. She can get out of her crib now and she does it every chance she gets. I do have a big girl bed for her (thanks to my MIL for sussing out a mattress... I had a nice bed frame and box spring but no top mattress and she found one for me!) but I haven't had a chance to set it up and take down the crib. And to be honest, I am really not looking forward to it. Evelyn is a very high maintenance girl. She gets into mischief. I thought about posting links to all of my blog posts that reference her and her "DaredEvelyn" stunts, but man, there are just too many! She is just a little whirlwind of action and I don't look forward to her being able to roam around free with the confines of the crib rails.

Anyways, I struggled with Evelyn for most of the day. She was over-tired which meant cranky and even more mischievious than usual. And accident-prone too! She kept falling and then coming to me for snuggles every 5 minutes. I was just burnt out. But one of the nicest parts of my day? That I posted my frustrations on facebook, just "Taking it one minute at a time today, just have to keep telling myself to put one foot in front of the other." And so many of my wonderful friends let me know that I am not alone and that we all feel that way sometimes and good times will come along soon. It just made me feel really... comforted I guess. It was just nice.

All my girls let me take a picture of them today. Well, okay, I took pictures of them whether they wanted me to or not. They all desperately need a haircut, but I am just waiting for dance season to be over... less than 2 weeks now! It is just easier to slick their hair and bangs back when it is a bit longer.




And just some peony blossoms, can't wait until it blooms, I think this particular plant is my favourite one in my whole yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...