Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Evelyn speaks


I love the little conversations that I am starting to have with Evelyn. I am not sure if she has a very vivid imagination or whether I am just misunderstanding what she is trying to tell me. Here's an example.

Evelyn (coming out of the bathroom by herself): Bathroom (pause) me.
Julie: Oh you were in the bathroom?
Evelyn: Mmm hmm, yeah. Raccoon.
Julie: Oh, did you see a raccoon in there?
Evelyn (nodding): Yeah.
Julie: Did you pet the raccoon? Or did it scare you? (Just tryin' to make conversation!)
Evelyn, (still nodding): Yeah, scared. Me. Mommy.
Julie: Oh, was it a mommy raccoon?
Evelyn: Yeah, hurt (long pause) finger (showing me her finger)

I just don't know what to think of these conversations! But they certainly make the day interesting! She will be 21 months in a couple of days and she has lots of words, and is always trying to tell stories. She just cracks me up!

Here she is in her jammies outside tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...