Monday, June 13, 2011

Recital Day #1

Today was our busier day of end-of-the-year dance recitals. Laina danced in two routines plus the finale and while it was a fun and exciting day, it was also pretty exhausting (hence me playing catchup with the blog).

As per usual, I procrastinated and didn't get organized the night before. I thought to myself, "I should get everything Laina and the girls will need tomorrow all together so I am not rushed in the morning." But as the evening went on, I changed my thoughts to "Nah, I will get up at 6 am and get everything organized in the morning." The next morning rolled around and I awoke at 7:15 am and then bummed around on the computer for about half an hour. For the last 15 minutes before it was time to leave, I rushed around in a mad panic and barked out orders to my family while wildly throwing things into bags. I paid for my procrastination later.

We had to be there early to practice the finale, and once that was over we had some time to kill until the recital began. Since we were about a 45 minute drive from home, we decided to go to the mall for a bit. Once we returned to the theatre about half an hour before show time for my first reality check.... I had forgotten Laina's hair piece (her curly ponytail that she wears over her bun... looks similar to a small curly dead animal when in the package). So Adam drove home to get it while I slapped on Laina's eyelashes and makeup. Once he got back with it, the show had already started and we had about 15 minutes before she went on stage. That is when I had reality check #2. One of my barked out orders had been for Laina to pack her jazz shoes. Well she packed two shoes... unfortunately one of them was hers, and one of them was Mylie's.... and they were both for the right foot. Luckily, another mom whose daughter was in a different routine lent Laina her daughter's shoes.

So she performed and it was great, but then it was time for her to get ready for her ballet routine (which by the way is like my favourite routine for her ever!) and that is when I realized that I had completely forgotten her ballet shoes. Mooching around didn't work this time, we only came up with a pair of shoes that were way too small for her. So I whipped out my Iphone and googled dance stores and GPS'ed my way over there to buy a new pair of ballet shoes for her last performance of the year. Nice. But anyways, I bought them a bit big and hopefully she can wear them in the fall.

All in all though, it was a fun day and all of the students and teachers at the studio were fantastic!

The picture I took for the day was disgusting... I am not going to post it for the grossness factor... but it was of Evelyn and one of her misdeeds. While we were eating dinner, she got a hold of the parmaesan cheese and poured a big (think the size of a large bun) mountain of cheese onto her plate. I shrieked and grabbed the cheese container away from her, but as I was whisking it away, she decided to lean down and hoover some of the cheese into her mouth (and nose). It was funny and I took a picture, but I don't think I will punish you with it. Instead, here are some flowers.

1 comment:

Comments make me happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...