Monday, January 24, 2011

Something you don't know about me

File this under things you didn't know about me.... It is a deep, dark secret.... are you ready?

I think seeing people fall is the funniest thing EVER. I am terrible that way. Of course if someone is hurt, I don't think it is funny, but as soon as I find out they are okay, I am rolling on the floor laughing. My mom says that I am sadistic, and that I have always been that way. But honestly, I don't enjoy seeing people hurt. Just seeing them fall. She remembers a time when I was maybe 9 or 10 years old and we were at the laundromat and an elderly man was coming in the door and tripped over the floor mat. As he picked himself off the ground, I was laughing so hard, my mom had to hustle me out of there because she was so ashamed of me. I mention this to highlight my assertion that I was born this way... I didn't chose to be sadistic. Really.

So anyways, today, Karma (or whatever) decided to pay me back for all of the times when I laughed at other people's misfortune. Like the time my sister did a superman dive (picture a woman parallel to the ground, flying through the air with one arm stretched out in front of her, holding a doggie bag full of food) as we were leaving a packed Old Spaghetti Factory. Or the time when my (new) husband slipped and fell off the ledge of a jacuzzi bathtub in front of me. On our wedding night. Naked.

Back to Karma. Today it was a typical Pacific Northwest day full of hard rainfall with puddles and muddy ground. As I was leaving my parent's house, I was running for the van trying to dodge the rain while carrying Evelyn when I hit the wet wood at the bottom of their wheelchair ramp. Can you see where this is going? Yep, all those years of laughing came back to haunt me right there. I fell (still holding Evelyn) and then log rolled the rest of the way down the wheelchair ramp. Luckily, I broke Evelyn's fall and then let go of her before my descent down the ramp. She was startled but unhurt. I, on the other hand, was soaking wet and muddy, not to mention that my hip and elbow were a little worse for wear. Adam and Mylie got the full show and Adam made use of this opportunity for laughter revenge.

Also, on a good note, after $1000 (seriously) worth of testing, including an ultrasound today, we've got the good news that Badger is okay!!! Yay Badger! She does have a slightly enlarged liver which we don't know why, and she did lose half of her body weight, but the vet said no signs of all the other things the blood tests indicated.

Here is a very happy girl (and I am a very happy girl too).

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good fall! I'd forgotten about my dive at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I'm so glad Badger is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Badger is okay. And I can't help but laugh at your misfortune, either! Sorry! And I honestly thought you were going to say that you spent $1000 worth of testing on yourself after the fall - I was thinking that was NOT so funny! Big hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also giggle when people fall which is why I love watching America's Funniest Home Videos.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...